What Is Builder’s Risk Insurance?
While constructing a new building is exciting, it comes with a lot of risks. Especially during the process when unfinished parts are left out in the open. To ensure that no harm comes to your project, builders risk insurance adds much needed protection. It’s not only for the builders themselves, but also the owner, lending institution, and more.
What Builder’s Risk Insurance Covers
- And more
What It Does Not Cover
- Does not cover the property of others.
- Sub-contractors are required to have their own insurance.
- No coverage for tools or equipment.
- No coverage for professional liability
- Does not cover accidents at the job site.
- Coverage typically ends when the building/project is completed or occupied.
Why You Need Builder’s Risk Insurance
It takes a lot of effort and time to create a building. You never know what could happen in the process, so make sure you are protected from the unexpected.